Monday, February 27, 2012

The Reef

~Well kids, I now have a legit reason for my Non-boating loving self imposed apprehension...a little movie I watched today called The Reef.  Apparently based on  a TRUE story of some mates who were shipwrecked and all of them but ONE was eaten by a shark.  Okay, so there is no confusion here....not all at the same time!!  It hunted them down one by own and terrorized them.  The lucky lady who survived was rescued by a fishing vessel on a giant coral reef. Sooooo, the lesson I learned at watching a movie I probably had no business watching was...ta daaaa.... sharks really do eat people!!! I mean, how arrogant are we as humans to even think that we belong swimming about in their homes wearing suits that make us appear to be some sort of dinner for them!!  Don't get me wrong, I LOVEEEE the ocean.  I cried the first time I saw it, which by the way was when I was 19 years old.  What can I say, I am from a square state. Closest ocean is like 9 hours away!! Anyway, I wanted to share my thoughts on sharks,how they will and do eat humans!! And also my thoughts about boating so far out in the ocean one cannot see the precious land we call home safe home.~Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment